Hong Kong toy store info (Mar 2007):
The top 3 places to visit for toys!
Hong Kong toy store info (Sep 2005):
This is log of the results of my recce of toy stores while I was in Hong Kong in September 2005.
Hope it helps.
If anyone is heading there, you can check out toy stores at:
a) CTMA Centre@Mongkok
– Gotta checkout the floors above and below! I only explored the basement shops on my last 2nd day and there are still alot of toy shops there! Didn’t see much zoids there though. Kamen riders, transformers, ultraman, guyver, saint seiya, hottoys, star wars, LOTR, medicom, macross can be found there.
– 12″ fans can find a good selection of the latest figures from Toy Hunters at level 3.
– Good 1/48 macross deals at basement.
– It’s at the corner where Dundas Street and Nathan road meets. Not too many zoids – saw the soul liger, sword wolf and a few others. But prices are cheaper! Gundam model kits, macross, WWII 12″, lego, plane & tanks model kits, guyver etc.
c) Sogo@ Causeway Bay
d) Toyzone@Causeway Bay
– It’s at #16 of the Causeway Bay Commercial Bldg at No.3 Sugar Street. Lots of toys there. Saw a dibison going for S$170+. Loads of toys!
– Transformers, gundam, kamen riders, better selection of Star Wars, some zoids, matrix, predator and many more!
e) Causeway Bay Shopping Centre
– Lots of toy stops there but they were closed when i was there during early afternoon. Should visit at evening time.
f) Hobby store opposite CTMA Centre@Mongkok
– Window has lots of Gundam model kits.
g) Shopping centre at the end of Dundas St and Fa Yuen St @ Mongkok
– Has toyshops but i did not see zoids as i was browsing pretty fast.
h) 188 Plaza @ Wanchai
– Lots of manga stores. DVD and VCD. Some toy shops there too. It’s some distance from the Wanchai MTR. There’s a shop there selling Star wars toys like Kotobukiya and MR. But dun expect a Simply Toys!
Tokyo Japan toy store info:
Some locations of toy stores/buildings in Tokyo from SWFToys 2006 Tokyo trip:
Harajuku: Kiddy Land
Kuramae: Bandai HQ
Nakano: Mandarake & others
Taipei toy store info:
From my 2007 trip:
Xi Men Ding: Wan Nian Commercial Building
Taipei 101: Toyland